Tuesday, January 8, 2008

3° Celcius

Last night it was down to 3° Celcius and there was a stiff wind blowing too. Must have been one of the coldest nights I have ever experienced (other than one New Year eve spent with friends in Pune - but I was full of rum then) Boy was it cold! Now I know all you Canadians and Kiwis will say 3° C. is nothing. Remember, that you are geared up for this sort of weather, but we in the warm winters of the Sultanate of Oman are not. Don't get me wrong here - I'm not complaining. I love it when it's cold because one can deal with it by throwing on some more clothes but when it's hot, there's only that many clothes one can shed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beloved cuz only hope that with stiff wind that blew nothin else got stiff with it, or else you will have to wait for the warm winters of the Sultanate of Oman to thaw it out....La Noel

Unknown said...

I remember the other day when it went up to 2 degrees - me telling Lynda what a lovely day it was. Funnily enough with the sudden warm weather (14 degrees) all the snow has melted and left us feeling like cheated. Almost!!!

Lynda D'Souza said...

you love the snow but you never get used to it...