Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Fine Specimen

Notice the form and line of the jaw, the grace and the poise...... Great isn't it? ..... A fine specimen


Now let's talk about the bird - This bird is known locally as the 'Hud Hud'. In English it is called the Hoopoe. This beautiful bird, I'm told, is native to Oman and this bird was passing over the Rig 33 when it looked down and thought to itself, "Ah civilization!" and decided to visit.

This bird has a crest that it raises whenever it gets alarmed. In this picture I am quite sure that it had just got a good look at me. Yes! Yes! I know that I am an alarming sight sometimes.
Some trivia about the Hoopoe:

The Hoopoe is on the Old Testament's list of Unclean Birds and it's diet of insects and worms may have been among the reasons why this is so. (see Leviticus 11:19 and Deuteronomy 14:18)

No comments: