Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ring around the Crown

A week ago one of the men called me out quickly with the camera to take a pic of this 'ring' around the crown (top section of the derrick) in the mast .


At first I thought it had something to do with the sun being hidden behind the crown, sort of like the annular ring around a total eclipse, but the picture below shows differently. This 'ring' remained in the sky for about 20 minutes and then dissappeared. Mysterious!!


Now I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation to this phenomenon, but I haven't the faintest clue as to what it might be.

3 comments:

Avinash said...

I don't really know if such a thing exists, but to my untrained eye that kinda looks like an upside down rainbow?

Anonymous said...

fascinating pic...the story abt its formation not known 2 me 2....

Unknown said...

Aliens have chosen Oman.