Friday, November 28, 2008

STOP PRESS!

I can clearly remember at least three occasions that dad took me to his workplace to spend the day with him. Secretly, I'm quite positive, he hoped that I would want to take up after him if exposed to the trade. But the simple reason was that I was at home alone and could do more damage if left alone at home.

But there was one time when I almost caused a serious accident while at the press (Dad's a printer and so he works at a printing press). I was at the press with dad and he was trimming some books that had just been bound. He had his hands under the blade lining up the books and I - inquisitive man that I am - pulled a lever and the blade dropped. Dad realized what I had done and pulled his hands away in time. He was considerably shaken up at the time and scolded me severely. I'll never forget that incident and I wonder if he remembers.


Here's a picture of another son in his father's workplace. This driver brought his son in his trailer to the rig. Brought back memories!!



No comments: