Friday, March 16, 2007

Oman and the Omanis


Have been working in Oman for nine years. Love the place and the people. Muscat is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. It's like a a bunch of tiny towns in the mountains connected by highways. Salalah I've heard is even more beautiful.

The people here are so much like Indians and initially I was surprised to hear that so many of them even speak Hindi. What I like about the Omanis is that they are a humble and friendly people.

Now, the oilfield work environment here in Oman is a whole different ball game altogether. I have seen a few class idiots during my time spent in the oilfield in India, but here in Oman the sheer numbers of class idiots that come out of the woodwork is staggering. How I wish I had my old crew from 'Miss Kitty' working for me here and now !!

No comments: